I have been seaching for good chat Yahoo Messenger software. There are some internet messenger software which is can be use for Windows Mobile, such as IMPlus, Mundu, Nimbuzz and much more. I already try using free trial of them, but I think Slick is my favorite messenger for Windows Mobile.
Slick Messenger is a software which is developed by Lonely Cat Games. This company create some software for Symbian and Windows Mobile, but at this article I will talk about Slick Messenger. At this time when I create this article, the latest version of Slick Messenger is 0.48 and still Alfa release, but I already use this software since version 0.40 and this software is wonderful and can do a lot of think that I want to do at Yahoo Messenger, but of course there are still several think which is can not do at this software.
First think is this is free software, so everyone can download and use at our mobile phone, but I hope this software still free at the time the final version is already release. For make if simple, I will list the think that Slick Messenger can do and can not do.
What I like from Slick Messenger:
- Fast and slim, doest not need much memory.
- Simple interface, everyone can easily learn how to use it.
- Free of course.
- Support for Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AIM, MSN, Google Talk, Jabber.
- Login directly to the sever, without passing through other server, so login to Yahoo directly connect to Yahoo. I think this is more safe.
- We can choose the notification sound, but with simple trick maybe :). Led of my PDA can be blinking.
- Status can be show and change anytime.
- The font size can be choose from small to big.
- History chat is always show even when we reconnect after restart.
- Automatically Reconnect if connection drop.
- Recent chat Buddy list will be going on top.
- Can see the buddy status message, also when they are on SMS.
- Have internal data counter, so we know how much data we spend when chatting.
- Some color of background and font can be change as we like.
- Can create and move group, add and delete buddy list.
What Slick Messenger can not do:
- Slick does not have avatar.
- Only show login name at buddy list, can not show nickname.
- The emoticon is incomplete.
Can you see, only a small think that Slick can not do (at least for what I need), but it is ok for me, because I already try some of other IM client for Windows Mobile and after several time, I switch back to Slick because this is very good for me. I hope next version, Slick is more complete and maybe if we need to buy for some little dollar is still ok, but hopefully still free :D
Oh by the way, Parlingo and Nimbuzz is recommended from my friends, but after I read how it work, I think they are not good for me, because we have to create an account at their server, and save our account data for connect from their server. So, if we want to login at Yahoo, we have to save our Yahoo account at their server, even they said it is completely safe, but maybe next time I will try to use their service. Of course I believe they will not cheat our account. Let's see later I will create article if I have a lot of resource after try their service. But now I am very happy with Slick Messenger.